By Future City Minds – Western Sydney
When it comes to Western Sydney growth, some exciting statistics get bandied about:
- Home to 47% of Sydney’s population
- An estimated 200,000 new jobs expected by 2020
- A projected 1.9% population growth each year over the next 20 years
The results that came out of the survey we conducted, tracking the responses from 2,895 Australian professionals were just as interesting:
- 64% believe that in the next five years, Western Sydney has the potential to progress economically to the level of a large city like Sydney or Melbourne
- 65% of Western Sydney professionals would prefer to work outside the CBD over working within it
- 91% of professionals in the region would like to change their jobs to work closer to home given the right opportunity
What all these statistics confirm, is that Western Sydney should be the focus for businesses. But don’t just take our word for it.
As part of our Future City Minds series, we gathered a team of seven true Western Sydney advocates, across different industries, age groups and cultures. There’s the head of a local law firm. The leader of a co-working space. A founding partner in a property investor. Serial entrepreneurs. And a champion of women’s employees.
Up for discussion were hiring tactics and niche opportunities – ways to spread your HR spending in clever ways, and smart tactics around retention and marketing. It’s a way of building a tool-kit for you to negotiate the road to a real Western Sydney dream: and our way of investing in being a part of that dream.
These interviews, coupled with the results of our Australia-wide survey, can be downloaded as a report by clicking on the link below:
Download the free Future City Minds report now!