The NSW Government is leading a delegation to Mumbai and Delhi from 23 to 30 September 2018 to provide opportunities for NSW food and beverage producers in India.
In 2016-17, NSW exported $760 million worth of agricultural produce to India, an increase of 200%. With NSW’s global reputation for ‘clean and safe’ agricultural products there is substantial potential for further export growth.
The purpose of the delegation is to promote NSW food and beverage capabilities and producers and create government-backed networking and business matching opportunities with potential Indian buyers.
The week long program will cover:
- In-market briefings
- Participation in the Annapurna World of Food
- visits to supermarkets/retailers
- B2B and group meetings
- NSW events to promote NSW food and beverage capabilities
How you will benefit from participating
- Participate in business-to-business matching sessions facilitated by Austrade and the NSW Government.
- Meet local distributors and importers.
- Meet potential in-market partners.
- Develop skills and experience within international markets
- Enhance your international profile
- Gain a better understanding of the cultural and regulatory requirements in India.
What it will cost
All travel and accommodation expenses are to be covered by participating businesses, as well as shipment of samples and collateral to the markets.
The NSW Government will cover the costs of the scheduled business program and related on-ground expenses.
Draft travel program
- 23-24 September: Travel to Delhi
- 24-26 September: Delhi | In-market briefing | NSW Wine masterclass | Site visits to retailers/outlets in New Delhi | Interaction with key importers
- 26-29 September: Mumbai | NSW Wine Masterclass | Annapoorna Trade Show | B2B meetings | Site visits to retailers/outlets | Taste of NSW Event
- 30 September: Travel home or continue on own program
Eligibility and registration
To be eligible applicants should:
- be a NSW-based business with an ABN
- have been in business for a minimum of two years
- have a minimum annual turnover of $150,000
- be currently exporting to at least one other country
- ideally have products or services in the food and beverage industries or related technologies.
Register your interest in joining the food export delegation to India by completing our online application form.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 10 August 2018. Click here to register your interest.