Research + Industry – Connecting for Growth
“Too few Australian businesses and manufacturers tap into our scientific and research resources to solve a problem, enhance their productivity or reach into new markets."
The Hon Ian Macfarlane, MP Minister for Industry
Australia currently ranks last in the OECD countries on industry and research collaboration. For SME businesses the biggest hurdle can be finding and accessing the right institution to help understand and support their R&D needs.
So how are WSBC and UWS supporting businesses to build their capabilities and enhance their competitive edge?
Prof. Scott Homes, Deputy Vice Chancellor Research & Development, UWS, will discuss the key benefits for Western Sydney businesses in tapping into the research resources available at UWS for increased competitiveness, profitable growth and improved commercialisation outcomes for YOUR business.
He will discuss and demonstrate:
- the need for collaboration between business, government and the research community
- the use of evidenced-based collaborative research to identify, develop and implement innovative - 'game changing' business, manufacturing and industry practices
- examples of Internationalisation, drawing on Western Sydney's emerging innovative and research-driven business practices - plus its record infrastructure investment - to optimise its market advantages on an international scale.
Understand how Your business can achieve the following:
- develop new ideas, products and markets
- reduce your research costs by accessing government assistance
- access to the latest knowledge, technology and equipment
- access to skilled and work-ready researchers
- gain access to national and international knowledge networks.
Don't forget, this luncheon entitles Members to their
Secure your seats early to avoid missing out.